Wednesday, March 6, 2013

COMMON MISTAKES In ENGLISH


Similar to
Don't say  : your book is not similar with mine.
Say          : your book is not similar to mine.


Sit at a desk
Don't say  : the teacher often sits on his desk.
Say          : the teacher often sits at his desk.


Spend on
Don't say  : I spend a lot of time for my stamps.
Say          : I spend a lot of time on my stamps.




Succeed in
Don't say  : I hope he will succeed at his work.
Say          : I hope he will succeed in his work.


Superior to
Don't say  : this is superior from(or than) that.
Say          : this is superior to that.

Sure of
Don't say  : I am quite sure for his honesty.
Say          : I am quite sure of his honesty.


Surprised at
Don't say  : we were surprised for his failure.
Say          : we were surprised at his failure.


Suspect of
Don't say  : I suspect him for stealing the pen.
Say          : I suspect him of stealing the pen.


Take by
Don't say  : he took his brother from the hand.
Say          : he took his brother by the hand.


Tie to
Don't say  : the man tied the horse on a tree.
Say          : the man tied the horse to a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment